3 REASONS WHY DENTAL IMPLANTS ARE IMPORTANT
Missing teeth can lead to dental health problems, poor self-esteem, and a host of other issues. Fortunately, dental implants provide an effective solution. People all over the country are increasingly turning to dental implants near me and discovering the many advantages of tooth implants.
In fact, in recent years there has been a surge in dental implant surgery, with the American Academy of Implant Dentistry estimating that around three million Americans have dental implants. Dental implants offer several key benefits; they look and feel like natural teeth, allow you to carry out daily tasks like eating with ease, and improve your overall dental health. However, it is important to seek out a dental professional for this procedure – usually, a dental implant periodontist at FRESH Dental– as well as get regular dental checkups afterward to ensure everything is running smoothly.
The Three Components of a Dental Implant
Simply put, dental implants, which resemble screws or cylinders and are constructed from medical-grade titanium, are replacements for missing teeth roots.
They’re designed to match natural teeth and are used as a sturdy base for either removable replacement teeth or permanent, fixed teeth. A dental implant consists of three basic parts, which include the fixture, the abutment, and the dental prosthesis.
- The fixture, which becomes embedded into and fused with a patient’s jawbone, is the artificial root of the implant.
- The abutment, which is part of the implant lying above and at the gum line, secures and supports a crown, a denture, a bridge, or another type of dental work that is placed upon it.
- The dental prosthesis sits on top of the abutment and operates like an actual tooth. It may be snapped or clipped (for dentures), or screwed or cemented (for bridgework or crowns).
Implants Prevent Remaining Teeth from Shifting
When you lose a tooth, a space is created, which leads to bone loss. Because of normal stress and oral pressures, the teeth that remain next to the gap start to shift. As a result, your straight, healthy teeth begin to slant, becoming unstable.
This problem can lead to further bone loss as well as losing more teeth. However, by filling in gaps with dental implants, these issues can be prevented.
Implants Enable You to Chew Food Better
One of the primary reasons dental implants are so essential is that they allow you to chew food properly. Consider how chewing food the right way helps you to digest food better. The better food is digested, the better nutrients are absorbed into your body.
When you have teeth implants, you can chew food the same way you would if you had your regular teeth. Once you have dental implants, you can eat whatever you enjoy as implants are as close as it gets to having natural teeth.
Implants Improve Self-confidence
Besides offering health benefits, dental implants are also important because they can give you more self-confidence. When you have missing teeth, it’s easy to feel bad about your appearance and not smile. But once you’ve had a dental implant treatment, you can start feeling good about how you look.
Furthermore, dental implants can help to improve speech. Unlike dentures that can slip inside your mouth and cause you to slur your words or mumble, dental implants are secure, so there’s no worry of your teeth slipping.
Considerations and Warnings
- Comfort is another benefit of dental implants.
- Dental implants are extremely effective with a high success rate.
- If you give your implants the proper care, they can last for a lifetime. Implant care is much like caring for natural teeth as it includes brushing, flossing, getting routine dental cleanings, and scheduled checkups. Your dentist can suggest additional home care cleaning tips for keeping your teeth healthy.
- To be a candidate for implant treatment, you must have an adequate amount of bone for supporting the implant and have gums that are healthy.
- Ask your dentist at FRESH Dental NC about the advantages and disadvantages, of this treatment choice.
By using a powerful surgical microscope, we’re able to magnify an area, which minimizes the need for exposing larger surface areas for a longer period of time during surgery.
Another advanced tool we use is the X-Guide navigation system, which ensures the utmost accuracy in implant placement and success. Please contact us and learn more about our wide range of dental and cosmetic dental services.