Cosmetic dentistry treatments that can help you improve your dental aesthetics
Cosmetic dentistry makes many people’s dream of having a perfect smile possible.
The new generations care more about their appearance, and that is a fact. Besides having a fit body and being fashionable, a perfect smile is something many people wish for.
Suitably aligned, white, and shiny teeth are essential for those who want to have a desirable appearance.
It is due to the modern needs of people that dentistry has evolved. In addition to taking care of dental health, dentistry can also be responsible for improving patients’ dental aesthetics.
Have you ever wondered how Hollywood celebrities, artists, and actors and actresses have a dazzling smile? Well, this is thanks to the different treatments offered by cosmetic dentistry.
What is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is the dentistry branch responsible for improving dental aesthetics by performing different procedures and treatments. In simpler words: cosmetic dentistry takes care of beautifying the smile.
Cosmetic dentistry treatments aim to improve the position, remove stains, and lighten the teeth’s color, thus achieving a more attractive smile.
Cosmetic dentistry treatments
There is a variety of treatments and procedures of cosmetic dentistry, among which we can find:
- Teeth whitening: this treatment removes stains and lightens the color tone of the tooth surface. It is done by applying a whitening substance, which penetrates the tooth and removes the particles that cause pigmentation.
- Porcelain veneers: these are used to correct the shape, size, and color of the teeth. They are small thin sheets made of porcelain or resin, which adhere to the tooth’s surface. Veneers are also used to correct gaps between teeth and misalignment.
- Orthodontics: Through braces, slight pressure is applied to the teeth to rearrange them in an ideal position. Besides, orthodontics can correct bite defects. Many people may consider that the use of metal braces can affect dental aesthetics. However, there are more aesthetically pleasing options, such as sapphire or porcelain braces, and even invisible aligners.
- Tooth-colored fillings: Tooth-colored fillings are strong resins that simulate the color of the tooth. These allow repairing cavities, cracks, or fractures in a tooth without affecting dental aesthetics since they are practically invisible.
It is also possible that some treatments that are not typical of cosmetic dentistry can be used for cosmetic purposes.
- Dental crowns are used to protect teeth that are worn or badly damaged by cavities or fractures. These are placed on the damaged tooth and fixed with a resin, thus protecting the tooth. The aesthetic effect occurs because dental crowns are made of porcelain, which gives it the appearance of a natural tooth.
- When a missing tooth affects the denture’s symmetry, the patient may choose to wear a dental bridge. Bridges are made up of two crowns attached to a replacement tooth (pontic); these are fixed on healthy teeth and allow replacing the lost tooth.
- It is also possible to replace missing teeth through dental implants surgery. Through a surgical procedure, titanium pieces are inserted into the jaw bone; these pieces will then serve as the base for the new artificial teeth.
If you think that there is some aspect of your smile that you are not satisfied with, a cosmetic dentistry treatment could be the solution.
At FRESHDental, we know how important it is for you to have a healthy and attractive smile. That is why we offer the best quality and affordable prices in cosmetic dentistry procedures. If you are looking for the best place to receive a teeth whitening treatment, porcelain veneers, or even invisible orthodontics, do not hesitate to visit us. One of our dental practices near you, is the perfect place for you!